Monday 26 August 2013

MY HEART IS NOT IN IT

be honest the last few weeks have been great bird wise,but for me it has just been a pain in the neck,i stopped doing grove for certain reasons,not the people or my friends but the politics of the place,today i had just about enough,same old story but different people,if you saw what was going on with the wryneck flushed lefft right and centre hounded to a bush god knows how many birders was around it,we refound it this morning and gave it plenty of time to feed,just left alone to feed for its long flight,we put the news out very later on as we had the bird at 6ish,then the twats turn up,after everyone i knew shot off to brockhill leaving me and rob and dave ,what i am going to say has happen a lot  this year,many times i mean,i been called a stringer and all sorts, just it not nice but frankly i had enough, if people make id mistake,but nearly 100% of the time i get it right,or i ask others first,i don't mind my friends taking the piss but outsiders can go and get knotted,people are quick enough to reap the benefits off the time i and others put in,all around kent then come and generally take the piss,but when i ask nicely for people to not get to close and be told to fuck off,wonder why i stopped being a v warden,it was same at stoddy with the p tit ,i have biten my lip a few times, but today  when i got home it got to me,i go out to enjoy birding and have a great laugh with others,i had the same issues in the harbour and at elmley,i was going to stop tweeting out and blogging but felt it was unfair on many off my friends,i been called a few names over this year by cyber space,comments on my blog, to my face,let  alone being called a flusher at cold harbour so in all i had a gut fall,the other reason, i have spoken to others about,but that not really the issue

12 comments:

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

Don't let the bas***ds get you down Chiddy I know from seeing the Dusky Thrush the behaviour of a few people needless to say We are all with you and appreciate what you do Mark

adrian.dowling said...

Sorry to hear that it has come to this Chiddy, but I can fully understand it.
Unfortunately there is an increasing number of selfish birders and/or photographers out there who have little or no concern for the wellbeing of the subject or the habitat.
The hours put in by the many patch-watchers such as yourself, finding good birds and subsequently sharing them with others should be shown appreciation, and there is certainly no excuse for the verbal abuse you have suffered.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Adrian, I've only been birding for a few years and my i.d skills are not that good, without the patch watchers I wouldn't have seen half the birds that I have enjoyed. I think we met at cold harbour lagoon the other week you showed me the pec sand. Thanks

Mike Gould said...

Don't let them get you down, keep on birding, go somewhere quieter or have a bit of time out. Remember in the grand scheme of things we are only looking at a few birds so just enjoy what you do and don't let the others spoil what you love to do.

Shaun harvey said...

Birding is just like day to day stuff, some like you, some don't. Don't let the latter spoil your fun, chin up and crack on!

Part-time Birder said...

Keep yer pecker up Chiddy. Met you a few times around and about in Kent - you've always been willing to have a chat and share ideas and birds - not everyone does and it's appreciated. Don't let a bad day get you down, there's plenty more good ones out there.

Phil Smith said...

Mark,keep your finds to yourself for a while, text or phone your friends,tweet afterwards if you feel like sharing generally.dont forget its meant to be fun so relax, sleep on it,keep calm and carry on,where have I heard that before.cheers mate soon be harbour time.

Mike H said...

Mark, I think that there has been a lot of good advice offered in these comments. I know how much time and effort you put in enjoying your birding and photography. Please do not let a few mindless people spoil yours and many others enjoyment. I think Phil is right. Stop the Tweeting and just go out and about enjoying yourself for a while . You have a lot of friends and people who you can turn to should you need it. Myself included. Main thing is don't let the red mist rise and do anything that you may regret later.

Regards

chiddy said...

Thanks all

Greater Kent Birder said...

Mark, Sorry but I've only just seen this. Sorry to hear about the crap you have been given - I think you are where I got with the photography a few years ago. Do what I did. Carry on (you can't let them stop you doing what you enjoy) but don't share your stuff with the wider birding world. Keep you finds to yourself, loads of shots and when you publish don't put in much detail. Your friends will phone when they see it......as I always do!!!!! Or just circulate the news to those you trust.
So get out there and find some good ones......... then text me. My bird list and photography is suffering!!!!

Derek Faulkner said...

Mark,

Interesting to see that one or two well known bloggers who seem to concentrate on ever close up photographs these days haven't commented on your views. I've also been on about this photography lark and the damage that is done for a while now and agree with everything that you say. Keep rare birds to yourself until they've gone mate, saves a lot of disturbance from lazy bastards who sit alongside pagers.