Thursday 28 July 2016

CHIDDY MK2 MOTH TRAP

At last the chiddy mk2 moth trap is finish,gave up in the end with the mk1 as was getting nagged too much for plugging it in over night,so i took the time and google a bit and found all i needed for my new trap from paul batty http://www.pwbelg.clara.net/mercury/ all coming in at a grand total of 64.00 pounds my funnel was a fiver from ebay and my box from work free,so now i am running a 12v system of my booster pack,no doubt will be getting stuck on id on a lot of them.

all i need to do is make my rain guard and veins and i will be sorted

1 comment:

Das Blogist said...

Hi Mark

If you get stuck on any identifications (as we all do) feel free to e-mail me any photos ... I assume you have my e-mail address? If nothing else, I can help with you wasting lots of time looking at species that don;t occur etc.

I'm not sure where you live but I assume that most of the stuff you'll catch around the garden will be the same as mine ... for help with elimination/identification etc my garden moth Blog might be of some help?? It'll certainly help to show what all of the common [as well as some of the rare stuff] that will occur ... it'll give you hours of fun anyhow, a few headaches as well no doubt?

happy hunting, Phil.

My garden moth Blog address is:

http://gardenmothsfrom1999.blogspot.co.uk/